Saturday, July 6, 2019

An Aviation Digression


With the wedding this weekend, the whole family is in town.  My father has always been an aviation enthusiast, so we took the opportunity provided by a quiet morning yesterday to make a visit to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum Udvar-Hazy Facility out near Dulles Airport.

My brother, my father, and me at the museum in front of the Boeing 307 Stratoliner

I have to say, if you have any interest in the history of aviation or space travel, it is worth a visit.  Just to give a flavor, I took this shot from the upper deck in the center of the hangar space, just looking in one direction.  There was at least as much stuff behind me, and the space equipment hangar is off to the left from here.
A view from one of the upper balconies

No comments:

Post a Comment