Monday, January 27, 2014

More Caesar 1/72 scale Adventurers





My younger son went back to school yesterday, so the house is going to be quiet for a while.

I didn't have a lot of time for painting over the weekend, but I did a little work on some more 1/72 plastic fantasy adventurers. Once I let go of the idea that going to smaller figures means faster painting, replenished my collection of tiny brushes, and layered up my magnification, this becomes fun. I'm looking forward to getting a fantasy skirmish in a box ready for travel and conventions. Shifting back to speed painting for armies may be disconcerting...

8 comments:

  1. Rob,

    You may have already said this, but how many of each figure come in a box? I'm tempted to create a small 20mm fantasy "travel kit" as you mentioned, but I don't want to wind up with 4 Barbarians, 4 Wizards, 4 Elves, 4 Dwarves, etc., as getting rid of the extras would be a hassle.

    Best regards,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, currently working on some of the Caesar elves which are ok (once you trim the massive ears off).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to leave the big ears on mine when I get to them, relatively soon.

      Delete
  3. Chris: There's a good rundown on the Caesar figures here:
    http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/ShowFeature.aspx?id=39

    Most will be multiples of poses, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at these and some previous ones, here and in the Junkyard, it can be hard to remember they're only 1/72

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks--I totally forgot about PSW (feelings of deep shame). There actually aren't as many duplicates as I thought. The main thing now is to get small numbers of different dungeon denizens and/or assorted monsters for small skirmishes. What Caesar has already come out with is pretty good, though.

    Thanks,

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look at Reaper's Bones range. Some of the smaller monsters will flex down in scale, like the young fire dragon, some of the dungeon vermin and so on. Some of the orcs would probably do as 1/72 ogres, the ogres as giants, etc. Post a link or pictures as you progress.

      Delete
  6. Yes, with this year's goal being to do some things that take up less storage space, the 1/72s are working well. I ordered the bases for the Herodotus skirmish/sabot mount figures last night, so I hope to start that long-deferred project toward action soon...

    ReplyDelete