Tuesday, December 1, 2020

November Painting Summary

 


This is just a quick place holder.  November saw some painting done, though n ot what I expected, nor as much as I wanted.  I ended up working on a few things for the Portable Fantasy Game in addition to the Libyan chariot previously shown.  The Reaper “Sir Forscale” in the back row is not new this month; he’s just in for scale, as usual.

The fantasy campaign setting needs armies of orcs and elves, so I started by finishing up a couple of orc warrior samples from Caesar Miniatures.  The elves may get the tree things (more Reaper “Saprolings”) as reinforcements.  


Other than that, the merchant on the mule is from a Strelets Crusader transport set, and a Celtic Warrior Queen extra is doing new duty as a green-haiored dryad.  It’s time to put on a game featuring some of these things...



4 comments:

  1. Very nice figures, and a welcome addition to your Fantasy project. The color scheme on the Orcs is superb, the red paintings are a great idea. I'm happy to discover the 'saprolings', I need to find some for my own Elven army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the figures:
      https://www.reapermini.com/miniatures/saproling/latest/77495
      Thanks for the comments on the orcs; more of them will make striking war band stands for Hordes of the Things, I hope.

      Delete
  2. Better, or at least more useful and satisfying, to make noticeable progress on a small project than a drop in the ocean of a big one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes. I just need to put some more time into staging solo games to make use of the progress. :D

      Delete