I posted pictures of the 40mm Prince August figures previously. In addition to those I finished, I also cleaned and primed another dozen or so, most of which fit into existing groups. (For example, we have four red-coated artillerymen from various scavengings, so I am working on two more to give a standard six.)
The NQSYW work has been motivated by Historicon; I'm running three games, and it would be nice to have at least a few new troops. Other participants have been at work as well:
My son William has been finishing a company to round out his first regiment, whose colonel is seen above.
Chris Palmer has added a hussar squadron.
There may be more by game day...
Meanwhile, with all that leisure this weekend, I decided to try a few other things.
I finished off a scenic piece
of mini Easter Island stone heads, acquired during the Borders close out the other year.
As long as I was painting samples of 40s, it seemed like a good time to try some 1/72 scale plastic Persian samples. I have a longer post about this project in mind, but meanwhile, the first figures:
I have also been intending to do some Caesar fantasy adventurers to support Norman's plastic fantasy project. Here's the first of them:
Lastly, Norman is running two Bronze Age games at Historicon, and I promised him that I would dig out two chariots whose components I finished months ago, and get them assembled and based.
Overall, a good weekend...