Saturday, September 23, 2017

Casting Session

The weather was cooperative today and I had little else on my schedule (besides a ballroom dance event later this evening...), so I decided to take advantage of the circumstances to do some casting. I've recently been trying to get two playable warbands for Dux Bellorum using these home cast figures, and the last metal working session left me nearly out of round shields. I was also short of oval shields for the Late Romans. If I don't get another chance, I should now have enough to carry me through the winter for painting.

Since the molds were in the same box, I tried a few casts with the molds of the 54mm 'Trojan Wars' figures (from Heralds plastic originals). I keep circling back around to Greek legendary/mythological topics, so there are enough to keep me busy for a while if one of my ideas finally gels.

No comments:

Post a Comment