As I thought about the idea of putting on a game to show off the old figures, it became clear to me that it would be respectful if I could at least try to make them look a little better. So, I quickly stripped the old paint, pulled up a good timber wolf picture from the net, and went to work. Just adding some real wolf coloration helped considerably, although the noses remain strangely long. I finished the basing last night, and put on the final varnish this morning.
The wolves are seen here with another repaint, an early Ral Partha Wizards, Warriors and Warlocks range wood elf. Despite the case of macrocephaly, these remain among my favorite early fantasy figures. I tried to do this one nicely, with the traditional green cloak of the rest of my wood elves, but with the white tunic in an effort to brighten up the whole presentation a bit.